Blemhiem Apricot in May

Blemhiem Apricot in May

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Loosing my Lemon

(This is a past post. It is a couple of years old, but I am back to posting more pictures of my fruit trees to share with everyone, so I will bring everyone up to date with the new by starting with this post about the lemon tree.)

Lemon trees grow here in the Las Vegas valley. I see them in my travels, and covered with lemons in the fall is truly a magnificent site.

Many of the lemons last up to the following February, and I did have a lemon that I picked in March.

I noticed my little lemon tree was looking dry on one side of the pot, so I increased the water in order to have it be thoroughly watered.

It was too much for it, being in a pot, and by the 2nd day all of the leaves where wilted and hanging over.

Lemon trees do much better planted directly in the yard, and they do only like to be watered when they need a drink, and I had mine on the numerous times a day general yard watering system.

I think it was fatal. I have lost the lemon.


No comments:

Post a Comment