Blemhiem Apricot in May

Blemhiem Apricot in May

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Brought To Your Knees

Well a lot has occurred about the fruit trees since the last post.

Startlingly, I went outside and my Pink Lady apple was folded over in half, and the top half was dangling and midway was a spot on the trunk where all I can imagine happened is that it had been whapped with a stick in the midsection, and the shock of the impact had scarred the entire core and outer bark, because it was like looking at a section of cork instead of a thin branch trunk of a tree.

We had had company, and one of the girls was running around with a light saber, and I imagine she whapped the tree and it took a couple of months to die, and I tried to save some of the branches to start some pink lady trees by propagating them and they survived the winter, until early spring, but I tossed them, because they really do need to be on a root stock to uptake nutrients in the desert, and to offer whatever the benefits the rootstock provides. So I tossed them. I realized I could only give them to someone as a flowering pollinator, and I decided against even having that conversation.

But what it speaks on is the ability to propagate fruit tree cuttings...

Also what it speaks on is that there is a 2 foot sapling without any branching form.

It was a shocker. To order the tree from the orchard up in North Las Vegas, plant it and have it for a whole year, you are so excited to see how big they are getting, an are so hopeful, then brought to your knees!

What to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment