Blemhiem Apricot in May

Blemhiem Apricot in May

Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Trees Have Arrived

The trees were to arrive any day. I had those landscape flags that you use to mark areas, and I stuck them into the spots where the trees were to go and reworked a couple of the irrigation lines to the tree areas.

I received the call and headed out to the Master gardener's orchard in North Las Vegas. I saw alot of trees in bloom and I also was amazed at the forms, the shapes created by the pruning that had occured weeks earlier to get the orchard into shape for spring.

Here are photos of the orchard!


Now the one below I am interested in because it is a Red Baron Peach. That is one of the varieties that I ordered, and instead of being blown away by the beauty and the forms, I am now reading the tags that are at the base of each tree.
This is a Fuji persimmon.
 
This is a Sweet pomegranate.
 
 
This is an Tsu Li asian pear. (In all these instances it is the photo following.)
 
This is a grouping within the rows of Pink Lady Apples. 
 
There are rows and rows of fruit tree varieties at the orchard!
 
It was nice to get in the middle of them to understand the pruning forms they were trying to acheive.
 
I loaded up my trees and I was off to go plant them right away, as they are received bare root! 



No comments:

Post a Comment