Blemhiem Apricot in May

Blemhiem Apricot in May

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Four Years Ago Today

Four years ago today I planted the kumquats in the backyard. They flank either side of the sidewalk to the hottub.  The overall design of my backyard is not symetrical and this gave me the chance to add a little planted symetry.

You can see the difference in the size of the kumquat trees in looking at the two photographs. 
 
Also other fruit trees to note.  In the far left corner is the burgundy plum. It might have just gone in, or possible the season before. There is a big difference is size. Also the apple tree which is behind the brown rose arbor behind the pillar. The apple has really opened up and gotten a lot taller. This is what four years growth looks like but you also have to remember that I keep them in a "backyard orchard" size by annual pruning.
 
I just pruned all of the fruit trees. I think that will be my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment